In this episode, Logan Haley shares how saying “yes” to Niger was the catalytic moment that transformed his perspective and relationship with God. Logan is a 25-year-old medical student at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine and a follower of Christ. He shares his experiences and how they have impacted his life and perspective. He talks about how the experiences challenged his perspective and gave him a new appreciation for different cultures.
“There is a big decision. The ‘no’ was God asking me to say no to comfort, no to fear, no to doubt that He could provide. So there is a big ‘no’ involved in those ‘yeses’, but it is so worth it on the other side to see the transformation that He does.”
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- How Niger affected Logan’s walk with God
- How Logan ended up going to Niger
- Initial reaction to the opportunity to go
- Reliance on prayer
- The logistics and fundraising involved in going on the mission trip
- Trust in God’s plan for him.
- Experiences in Niger
- God’s provision and faithfulness during the trip
- The impact of the mission trip on Logan’s perspective and understanding of different cultures
- The concept of God as the God of the whole world, not just one particular people group
- The idea of contrast and beauty in different cultures.