Before You Begin Your Application:
- Please gather the following information to help expedite your application process:
- Passport (if you already have one)
- Medical Insurance Card with pre-authorization phone number and company address
- Dates and types of the following immunizations: Tetanus, TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis). Polio, Hepatitis A series, Hepatitis B series, Meningococcal, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Varicella (Chicken Pox) If you have not received these immunizations, as you get them, please update your application with those dates.
- Name and address of your physician
- List of names with email addresses of your family, friends, etc., you would like us to send updates to during your mission.
- Begin and save the online application. Be sure to click the “Save and Send” button to save your information. Please be sure to record your username and password for future use.
- Mail a $150 non-refundable deposit before your first team meeting, payable to EMI (Effective Ministries, Inc) to Effective Ministries, Inc., 2550 Gaskins Road, Henrico, VA 23238. This non-refundable deposit secures your airplane ticket and place on the mission.
Prior to Your First Team Meeting:
- Apply for or renew a US Passport Book (if necessary).
- Apply for an Air France Flying Blue number. Save this number in your application.
- Review the Immunization Requirements Letter and schedule an appointment for your shots. Remember to take the Immunization Checklist with you to your appointment so that it can be signed by the doctor or nurse administering your immunizations. If you have traveled with us to Niger before, contact the LINK Missions office to see if any immunization updates are needed.
- Complete and save your team application. You may only leave the passport and/or shot information blank if you are still waiting for your passport, and/or to receive your required shots. Be sure to click the “Save and Send” button.
- Begin the fundraising process: Fundraising Instructions and Sample Letters.
Complete and/or Bring to Your Second Team Meeting:
- Complete your application with updated passport and immunization information. Be sure to click the “Save and Send” button.
- Bring your passport (sign page 1 in pen and complete the emergency contact info on page 4, 5 or 7 in pencil).
- Bring your 3 passport-sized photos for the visa application. They must be the same photo. (CVS Pharmacy)
- Bring your completed Immunization Requirements List.
- Bring your Yellow Fever Certificate.
- Signed by nurse/doctor and stamped by the administering facility
- Signed by you the traveler
- Bring your balance due: please make checks payable to EMI (Effective Ministries, Inc).
- Bring your spending money: please make checks payable to EMI (Effective Ministries, Inc).
- If the traveler is under 18, please bring a signed and completed Travelers Under Age 18 form. This is your parental consent form. Please note: The last page of this form will need to be notarized in the presence of the minor and the parent or legal guardian of the minor.
- Optional: Bring your completed Expense Reimbursement Form.
- Review the Niger Information Packet.